Mobile Engineer (React Native)
We usually respond within a week
📍This role is based in Germany or France only
Your mission in the team:
As a Mobile Engineer and member of Luko’s App Experience squad, your main mission will be to build delightful mobile functionalities for our users, to allow them to clearly and simply manage their insurance contract and claim processes.
As a team, we aim to reach the highest quality for our codebase, ensuring a bug-free experience for our users and high code maintainability. Your secondary mission will be to support this continuous improvement, by following and improving the team’s best practices.
To do so, you will work hand in hand with the product manager, designer, engineering lead (your manager), and peer engineers toward achieving Luko’s objectives through the squad’s objectives. It’s expected that you align with, and help improve the data centric-approach we use to identify our - internal and external - users’ needs.
The outcome of the role:
- Makers core activities (coding, MR, code review, debugging designing, investigating, testing for quality and performance);
- Collaborate with mobile and backend engineers to design and implement the most impactful features for our users;
- Collaborate with Designer, PM and stakeholders to drive our App roadmap forward and communicate the development status clearly;
- Delivers (moderately) complex projects on time while following the team’s best practices;
- Balances pragmatism and perfectionism appropriately;
- Own and maintain the robustness and reliability of parts of the codebase;
- Align with a culture of receiving and giving continuous feedback to peers;
- Participate in scrum-like team rituals, and reflects on what works and what can be improved;
- Deal with ambiguity, organize your work and support peers;
What do we recommend to be successful?
- From 1+ years using React Native and 2+ years of mobile app experience
- Previous Mobile App deployed in production with React Native
- Solid experience with React Native, TypeScript and Flexbox
- Experience working with State manager and JS tooling (react-query, Detox, Yarn...)
- Customer-centric mindset
- Affinity for balanced delivery speed and quality
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Good experience with mobile continuous integration and monitoring tools
- Interest in back end and APIs
- Advocate and strong practitioner of automated testing from unit to e2e is a plus
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing Insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- International and friendly team with offices in Paris & Berlin
- Meal vouchers
- Learning and development course
- Pro-bono days
- Free books policy
- Unlimited days off
- Remote-friendly policy
Our recruitment process:
Do you have an active presence on GitHub? Have you done a home assignment using the technologies we need in the past 6 months?
You can share those with your application. This could save you time by removing some steps from the process. We will let you know.
1. First interview/ Introduction call with Alison, from the people team [30 min]
2. Hiring Manager interview with Theo, Engineering Lead [60 min]
3. Case study to prepare [max 3h] + debrief with the team [60 min]
4. Behavioural interview with Celestin, Engineering Manager [45 min]
Who are we?
Luko is a neo-insurer that has become the number one direct insurance company in France and Europe in 5 years with the fastest growth. Luko was born from a simple observation: 50% of French people distrust their insurer. In order to reverse this vision of insurance as a necessary evil, Luko's mission is to reinvent insurance so that it is finally simple, transparent and useful.
On the agenda: accessible, efficient and intuitive, with a caring team, based on a business model that re-aligns everyone's interests via the giveback.
B-Corp certified and with the highest rated customer service in its category, Luko has earned the trust of over 400,000 policyholders (in France and Germany). Since its beginning, Luko has been supported by EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest with whom we have raised €70 million in Series A and B, as well as the world's largest reinsurers Munich Re and Swiss Re.
Committed to equal employment opportunity, inclusion and diversity within our teams, Luko is looking for talent willing to join our 200+ Lukooms to shake up an entire industry.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.
- Mobile App Developer (React Native)
- Berlin, Paris
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
Mobile Engineer (React Native)
Loading application form