Backend Software Engineer (Internship)
We usually respond within a week
📍6 months internship based in Paris
Your mission in the team and what you will learn:
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will be part of the Contract squad in the Core Insurance tribe. Your role will be to help the team achieve its goal of creating a fully scalable and configurable insurance platform that is used by tens of thousands of customers every day.
Your primary mission is to make a significant impact on the team by building one or more moderately complex engineering projects from taking part in the technical specifications to production.
You will be working on the design, development, testing, release, and monitoring of your software while collaborating with the team as an individual contributor.
What do we recommend to be successful?
- You are studying or finished a software engineering or related technical education and your school is providing a "convention de stage";
- You have experience with one backend application programming language, Python is a plus;
- You have experience writing backend applications that use relational databases;
- You have experience with unit, integration or E2E testing is a plus;
- You have a builder mindset;
- You have a customer-centric mindset;
- You are excited to be part of an engineering team, collaborating and helping to build software that solves customer problems;
- As our team is international, you are comfortable speaking and writing in English!
Think you might have what it takes, but not sure you meet every requirement? If you're passionate about what we're building, please do not hesitate apply. You might be just who we're looking for.
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing Insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Meal vouchers
- 1 day off/month for interns
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- Friendly team and offices in Paris & Berlin
- Possibility to work remotely occasionally
Our recruitment process:
1. First interview/ Introduction call with Paul, Lead Backend Engineer
2. Case study + debrief with the team
3. Lukofit interview with Alison, member of the People team
Who are we?
Luko is a neo-insurer that has become the number one direct insurance company in France and Europe in 5 years with the fastest growth. Luko was born from a simple observation: 50% of French people distrust their insurers. In order to reverse this vision of insurance as a necessary evil, Luko's mission is to reinvent insurance so that it is finally simple, transparent, and useful.
On the agenda: accessible, efficient, and intuitive, with a caring team, based on a business model that re-aligns everyone's interests via the giveback.
B-Corp certified and with the highest-rated customer service in its category, Luko has earned the trust of over 400,000 policyholders (in France and Germany). Since its beginning, Luko has been supported by EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest with whom we have raised €70 million in Series A and B, as well as the world's largest reinsurers Munich Re and Swiss Re.
Committed to equal employment opportunity, inclusion, and diversity within our teams, Luko is looking for talent willing to join our 200+ Lukooms to shake up an entire industry.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.
- Backend Engineer (Python)
- Monthly salary
- €1,050 - €1,300
- Employment type
Backend Software Engineer (Internship)
Loading application form