We usually respond within a week
Your mission in the team:
As Financial Controller, you will report directly to the CFO, being the right arm to build the financial control of Luko. Your responsibilities will be to :
- Take part in the reshaping of our IT systems regarding Finance;
- Standardize our account receivable and topline (our core business);
- Deliver Bordereaux to our insurance partners with high standard quality;
- Shape the controlling procedures of the Finance department;
- Be in charge of the first level of control within the finance function, and participate in the second level of control with the risk management team;
- Make sure accounting is well coordinated in all countries;
- Participate in our first consolidation exercise;
- Anticipate the mutation from Standard accounting to Insurance group accounting.
What do we recommend to be successful?
- 3 to 5 years of work experience, with at least 3 years FSI Audit experience in a big 4 and ideally 3 years in the Finance/Accounting department of an Insurance or Bank organization.
- Ability to tackle topics of high-level complexity, and also get hands dirty because of our stage of development
- A good understanding of IFRS & French GAAP and technical accounting experience is critical
- Ability to adapt to all situations and a certain maturity to understand the confidentiality issues of the position.
- English is a must-have
- You are a real team player!
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing Insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- International and friendly team & Offices in Paris & Berlin
- Meal vouchers
- Health Insurance
- Learning and development course
- Free books policy
- Unlimited days off
- Remote-friendly policy
Our recruitment process:
1. First interview/ Introduction call with Francis (our CFO)
2. Team Fit interview with Alexander (our Head of Finance Germany) and Yasmine (our Senior Accountant)
3. Technical interview with Marie-Ange (our VP Actuary)
4. Lukofit interview with Alison (People Partner)
Who are we?
Luko is a neo-insurer that has become the number one direct insurance company in France and Europe in 5 years with the fastest growth. Luko was born from a simple observation: 50% of French people distrust their insurer. In order to reverse this vision of insurance as a necessary evil, Luko's mission is to reinvent insurance so that it is finally simple, transparent and useful.
On the agenda: accessible, efficient and intuitive, with a caring team, based on a business model that re-aligns everyone's interests via the giveback.
B-Corp certified and with the highest rated customer service in its category, Luko has earned the trust of over 400,000 policyholders (in France and Germany). Since its beginning, Luko has been supported by EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest with whom we have raised €70 million in Series A and B, as well as the world's largest reinsurers Munich Re and Swiss Re.
Committed to equal employment opportunity, inclusion and diversity within our teams, Luko is looking for talent willing to join our 200+ Lukooms to shake up an entire industry.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
Loading application form