Legal & compliance intern
We usually respond within a week
📍6 months internship minimum based in Paris from July 2023
As a Legal & Compliance intern, you will be part of our international legal team based in France & Germany) and work closely with the Compliance officer and Legal lead in France.
Your mission in the team?
The legal and compliance team is led by the Head of the legal and compliance group based in Berlin and composed of a legal and compliance Lead in Germany, a legal counsel in France focusing on privacy issues as our group DPO, and a legal Lead in France. Working mainly with the latter to assist in the overview of all French legal matters related to the mother company and its affiliates, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate with the other members of the team.
Part of your mission will be to :
- Participate in the everyday management of commercial & insurance law problematics (for French entities of the Luko group, internal consultations, drafting contracts, follow-up of disputes, etc.);
- Participate in the implementation of legal and compliance tools, processes, and guidelines;
- Assist in Corporate law (drafting minutes and other corporate documentation, etc.);
- Assist in cross-disciplinary projects (marketing, e-commerce, data protection, etc.);
- Assist with the drafting of the GDPR compliance registers and Policies and reviewing the product’s compliance;
- Support in updating the legal contract management system;
- Carry-out legal research (business, insurance, corporate, tax law, etc.) and monitoring;
- Take part in the preparation (and delivery) of legal & compliance training materials.
What you will need to be successful?
- You have a first professional experience (internship, apprenticeship, or other) in french law, insurance law, corporate law, and commercial law.
- You are looking for a 6-month internship as you are enrolled in or graduating from: a law school looking for your “PPI” preferred (French law degrees only)OR a Business/Economic & Commercial Law, Business School specialized in law possible. (French law only)
- You are a French native speaker, Fluent in English
- You have a sense of initiative and you are autonomous.
- You are tech-savvy and know how to work with cooperative online tools
Nice to have :
- Data Protection knowledge
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing Insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Meal vouchers
- 1 day off/month
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- Friendly team and offices in Paris & Berlin
- Possibility to work remotely occasionally
Our recruitment process:
1. First interview/ Introduction call with Nastassia, our Legal Lead France (45'min)
2.Case study to prepare at-home and debrief with the team (60'min)
3. Lukofit interview with Alison, from the People team (30'min) and Christian, our Head of legal & compliance (30'min)
Who are we?
Luko is a neo-insurer that has become the number one direct insurance company in France and Europe in 5 years with the fastest growth. Luko was born from a simple observation: 50% of French people distrust their insurers. In order to reverse this vision of insurance as a necessary evil, Luko's mission is to reinvent insurance so that it is finally simple, transparent, and useful.
On the agenda: accessible, efficient, and intuitive, with a caring team, based on a business model that re-aligns everyone's interests via the giveback.
B-Corp certified and with the highest-rated customer service in its category, Luko has earned the trust of over 400,000 policyholders (in France and Germany). Since its beginning, Luko has been supported by EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest with whom we have raised €70 million in Series A and B, as well as the world's largest reinsurers Munich Re and Swiss Re.
Committed to equal employment opportunity, inclusion, and diversity within our teams, Luko is looking for talent willing to join our 200+ Lukooms to shake up an entire industry.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.
- Compliance, Risks, Legal
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Monthly salary
- €1,050 - €1,300
- Employment type
Legal & compliance intern
Loading application form