Finance Analyst (Intern)
We usually respond within a week
📍6 months Internship based in Paris. Start date : April 2023
Your mission in the team:
As reporting and finance scope grows at Luko, and because we want to better monitor the finance data models, we are looking for a finance analyst intern. This person will be part of the data team and work closely with the finance team.
This person will understand the metrics in the tables (earned premiums, collected premiums, MRR, risk_carrier…) and ensure consistency between sources (contracts vs billing tool vs actual collected).
Example of missions :
- Create financial reporting using the data stack: work with key financial metrics (earned premiums, collected premiums, MRR, risk_carrier…) and ensure consistency between sources (contracts vs billing tool vs actual collected);
- Collaborate closely with the finance team to transform business requirements into actionable datamarts;
- Maintain and optimize finance data models, define and share the good practice for developing them;
- Monitor and optimize the data quality metrics insuring the health of our finance datamarts and the reliability of our finance processes.
What do we recommend to be successful?
- You have some experience in SQL
- You have strong analytical skills and you are data-driven
- You are result-oriented and focus on the value created by your development
- Be a Fast learner with curiosity about analytical & financial challenges
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Fluency in English
- You are studying or have studied in the data/engineering field and you are looking for a 6 months internship (with an internship agreement provided by your university/school);
A previous experience in the insurance industry, or in finance support functions is a plus.
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing Insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- International and friendly team and Offices in Paris & Berlin
- Meal vouchers
- Learning and development course
- Free books policy
- 6 days off during your 6 months internship
- Remote-friendly policy
Our recruitment process:
1. First interview/ Introduction call with Madec, Reporting & Finance Analyst.
2. Case study + debrief with Pie-loup, Lead Data Analyst
3. Lukofit interview with Alison from the People team
Who are we?
Luko is a neo-insurer that has become the number one direct insurance company in France and Europe in 5 years with the fastest growth. Luko was born from a simple observation: 50% of French people distrust their insurers. In order to reverse this vision of insurance as a necessary evil, Luko's mission is to reinvent insurance so that it is finally simple, transparent, and useful.
On the agenda: accessible, efficient, and intuitive, with a caring team, based on a business model that re-aligns everyone's interests via the giveback.
B-Corp certified and with the highest-rated customer service in its category, Luko has earned the trust of over 400,000 policyholders (in France and Germany). Since its beginning, Luko has been supported by EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest with whom we have raised €70 million in Series A and B, as well as the world's largest reinsurers Munich Re and Swiss Re.
Committed to equal employment opportunity, inclusion, and diversity within our teams, Luko is looking for talent willing to join our 200+ Lukooms to shake up an entire industry.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken). We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.
- Data Analyst
- Monthly salary
- €1,050 - €1,300
- Employment type
Finance Analyst (Intern)
Loading application form