📍This role is based in Germany or France only
Your mission in the team:
As a Mobile Engineer and member of Luko’s App Experience squad, your main mission will be to build delightful mobile functionalities for our users, to allow them to clearly and simply manage their insurance contract and claim processes.
As a team, we aim to reach the highest quality for our codebase, ensuring a bug-free experience for our users and high code maintainability. Your secondary mission will be to support this continuous improvement, by following and improving the team’s best practices.
To do so, you will work hand in hand with the product manager, designer, engineering lead (your manager), and peer engineers toward achieving Luko’s objectives through the squad’s objectives. It’s expected that you align with, and help improve the data centric-approach we use to identify our - internal and external - users’ needs.
The outcome of the role:
- Makers core activities (coding, MR, code review, debugging designing, investigating, testing for quality and performance);
- Collaborate with mobile and backend engineers to design and implement the most impactful features for our users;
- Collaborate with Designer, PM and stakeholders to drive our App roadmap forward and communicate the development status clearly;
- Delivers (moderately) complex projects on time while following the team’s best practices;
- Balances pragmatism and perfectionism appropriately;
- Own and maintain the robustness and reliability of parts of the codebase;
- Align with a culture of receiving and giving continuous feedback to peers;
- Participate in scrum-like team rituals, and reflects on what works and what can be improved;
- Deal with ambiguity, organize your work and support peers;
What do we recommend to be successful?
- From 1+ years using React Native and 2+ years of mobile app experience
- Previous Mobile App deployed in production with React Native
- Solid experience with React Native, TypeScript, Css-JS and Flexbox
- Experience working with Apollo, Redux, Detox, NPM.
- Advocate and strong practitioner of automated testing from unit to e2e
- Good experience with mobile continuous integration and monitoring tools
- Interest in back end and APIs
- Affinity for high delivery speed and quality
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Customer-centric mindset
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing Insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- International and friendly team with offices in Paris & Berlin
- Meal vouchers
- Learning and development course
- Pro-bono days
- Free books policy
- Unlimited days off
- Remote-friendly policy
Our recruitment process:
Do you have an active presence on GitHub? Have you done a home assignment using the technologies we need in the past 6 months?
You can share those with your application. This could save you time by removing some steps from the process. We will let you know.
1. First interview/ Introduction call with Alison, from the people team [30 min]
2. Hiring Manager interview with Julien, Engineering Lead [60 min]
3. Case study to prepare [max 3h] + debrief with the team [60 min]
4. Behavioural interview with Celestin, Engineering Manager [45 min]
Who are we?
Luko is the #1 insurtech in France and Europe. On top of being an insurer, Luko is also a life partner making home insurance simple and transparent, while empowering thousands of policyholders into taking care of their homes on a daily basis.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience, and transforming insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
But Luko is not just about insuring, it is also about building an insurance serving society and preventing issues. This led us to implement the Giveback into our business model and to develop home care services to help millions of Europeans take care of their home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 400 000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 200+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion, and diversity within the teams.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.