Your mission in the team:
As a Finance Manager, you will report directly to the CFO and support him on operational and strategic Finance-related and legal-related activities/projects, and you will collaborate directly with other CxOs / VPs of the organization.
Your role will be key to help key decision stakeholders (decision-makers, Board) steer the growth of Luko through a financial lens.
You will be central in driving impact across the business!!
In this role, you will work on...
Planning & reporting
- Drive the annual business planning process, ensuring coordination across business owners;
- Drive the annual budgeting process, supporting business owners in the forecasting of their activity and the sizing of their resource/budget needs;
- Support the transformation of the company planning engine (revenue, Opex, cash);
- Ensure full consistency across the company's financial reporting (incl. identifying areas of improvement to improve the reporting and planning tools);
- Own the monthly/quarterly reporting to the ExCo and the Board of the company.
Financial Performance Management
- Analyse the financial trajectory of the business (top-line, EBITDA, cash), in coordination with the FP&A team, to identify areas of challenge and opportunities for improvement/value creation;
- Support business owners (growth, operations…) in developing business cases on new value-creation opportunities, and corresponding roadmaps;
- Assess areas of value creation/improvement and drive implementation.
- Drive M&A projects in the deal phase, under the leadership of the CFO and the CEO, and with the support of advisors;
- Drive integration of acquisitions into the Group, under the leadership of the CEO, and in the coordination of the key stakeholders of the company;
- Lead ad-hoc projects (operational, strategic) led by the Finance team (e.g., finance data & systems transformation, financing, etc…).
Luko is growing very fast and so will the duties and responsibilities of the Finance Team. Join us and you are guaranteed many exciting projects and a steep learning curve.
What do we recommend to be successful?
- You have higher education in Business Administration and/or finance-related subjects
- You have a previous relevant experience (~5 years) in transaction services, Management Consulting, Audit, or in the Corporate Finance team of a Tech / Services / industrial company
- You have advanced Skills in MS Office and Google Suite.
- You have strong communication and people skills.
- You are fluent in both French and English.
- You love to deep dive into data sets.
- You are curious and optimistic and you have an achiever mindset & interest in the start-up ecosystem.
A Previous experience in the insurance industry is a strong asset!
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing Insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- International and friendly team
- Offices in Paris & Berlin
- Meal vouchers
- Mental health support
- Learning and development course
- Free books policy
- Unlimited days off
- Remote-friendly policy
Our recruitment process:
1. First interview/ Introduction call with Our CFO
2. Interview with Alex, our Head of Finance in Germany
3. Case study and review with our CFO
4. Interview with the team - Meet with Florian, Chief of Staff, Victor, Accounting Lead and Marnix, our finance operating partner.
3. Lukofit interview with Alison from the People team
Who are we?
Luko is the #1 insurtech in France and Europe. On top of being an insurer, Luko is also a life partner making home insurance simple and transparent, while empowering thousands of policyholders into taking care of their homes on a daily basis.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience, and transforming insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
But Luko is not just about insuring, it is also about building an insurance serving society and preventing issues. This led us to implement the Giveback into our business model and to develop home care services to help millions of Europeans take care of their home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 400 000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 200+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion, and diversity within the teams.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken). We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in English.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do, and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.