Your mission in the team:
As the Manager of Accounting, you will be joining the Finance Team of Luko which is at the crossroads of many strategic projects in the company.
In this role, you will have a few missions related to :
Accounting & tax
- Lead and manage the daily operations of the accounting team (3 FTEs) incl. the accounting team of our international subsidiaries;
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of our consolidated financial statements and analytical accounting;
- Work closely with the FP&A team to deliver relevant financial reports (business plan, budget, cash reports, reports to investors, and other financial partners);
- Supervise and manage the monthly closing;
- Ensure that all Luko entities comply with their tax obligations (e.g., VAT, wage tax and corporate income tax);
- Work with our ERP system and improve and automate financial processes;
- Be responsible for the continuous improvement of our financial processes (e.g., shortening the delivery of financial reports while increasing their quality, implementing financial controls, etc.);
- Maintain relationships with the auditors, external accountants, tax advisors, etc.
- Work with the data team and other key stakeholders on the delivery of monthly premiums bordereaux (for risk carriers inside and outside the group), appropriate controls, and their continuous improvement;
- Ensure the correct booking of the insurance operations and revenue recognition;
- Handle the internal control framework on the insurance operations, especially with strong controls on cash reconciliation;
- Manage the cash generated from the insurance operations and ensure the transfers to partners.
- Optimize working capital within the group;
- Set up payments due to suppliers and other external parties;
- Provide employees with the correct mean of payment for business expenses.
- Build a highly effective team and operating model (accounting processes, systems, and policies);
- Identify the key systems needed for the targeted operating models;
- Develop and coach the team.
Luko is growing very fast and so will the duties and responsibilities of the Finance Team. Join us and you are guaranteed many exciting projects and a steep learning curve.
What do we recommend to be successful?
- You have a higher education in Business Administration, Accounting, or other finance-related subjects
- You have a previous relevant experience (5 years minimum) in accounting, finance, or audit (external accounting/audit firm or within a finance team).
A Previous experience in the insurance industry and/or in a consolidation process is a strong asset.
- You have a strong knowledge of accepted accounting principles and a willingness to learn other accounting frameworks (insurance technical accounting, IFRS, Solvency II).
- You have advanced Skills in MS Office and Google Suite.
- You have strong communication and people skills.
- You are fluent in both French and English.
- You love to deep dive into data sets.
- You are curious and optimistic and you have an achiever mindset & interest in the start-up ecosystem.
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing Insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- International and friendly team
- Offices in Paris & Berlin
- Meal vouchers
- Mental health support
- Learning and development course
- Free books policy
- Unlimited days off
- Remote-friendly policy
Our recruitment process:
1. First interview/ Introduction call with Victor, our current Accounting Lead
2. 2nd interview with our CFO
3. Team interview with Sebastien (Finance Manager Germany) and/or Alex (Head of Finance Germany)
4. Lukofit interview with Alison from the People team
5. Meet with Yasmine and Ignacio from Accounting and FP&A team.
Who are we?
Luko is the #1 insurtech in France and Europe. On top of being an insurer, Luko is also a life partner making home insurance simple and transparent, while empowering thousands of policyholders into taking care of their homes on a daily basis.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience, and transforming insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
But Luko is not just about insuring, it is also about building an insurance serving society and preventing issues. This led us to implement the Giveback into our business model and to develop home care services to help millions of Europeans take care of their home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 400 000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 200+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion, and diversity within the teams.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken). We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in English.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do, and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.