📌This is a 6 months internship based in Paris
We are looking for a Product Manager Intern to join our Moment Of Truth Tribe (MoT).
The journey of the MoT tribe starts when a user suffers from an event that results in them having to file a claim. It is called Moment of Truth because the quality of the claim experience greatly impacts whether a user will eventually stay at Luko or not.
Our mission is to make the claim experience as positive as possible to retain our users while also being as efficient as possible to enable our Claims Managers and scale Luko.
This tribe regroups 2 teams, all composed of product manager(s), an engineering lead, and a tech team :
- Claim satisfaction = claim experience should be simple & transparent
- Claim Scale = handling claims at scale (qualify, automate)
Your mission in the team and what you will learn:
Your mission will be to constantly improve the claim experience at Luko through our internal claim management product (Artemis). With the mentorship of Jonathan, PM in the tribe, you will develop core product management skills from product discovery (interviews, user testing, quantitative analysis, and design reviews) to delivery (product specs, Agile rituals, and QA testing).
You will work on problems such as:
- How can we educate users about their policy coverage so they understand whether to file a claim?
- How can we improve the experience for users whose claims is not covered?
- What automation can we implement so claim managers can focus on more value-add tasks?
➡️ Some of your daily responsibilities will include:
- Product Discovery: Conducting product discovery to clearly define the problem and craft the best solution (using the Discovery Discipline framework) in close collaboration with the Product Designer
- Product Delivery: Working directly with the Tech team to ensure efficient delivery of the roadmap, drafting clear specs, and attending squad rituals (sprint planning, review, retrospective, and daily)
- Data: Uncovering users' pain points using qualitative (user interviews and product testing) and quantitative techniques (data analysis)
- Communication: Aligning with internal stakeholders to ensure the roadmap is clearly communicated and they are kept informed of progress during the quarter
If you want to learn Product Management in a fast-paced startup environment, this is the internship for you!
What do we recommend to be successful?
- Education: You are a Master's student in Engineering School, Business School, or University;
- Communication skills: You can engage people that will not be reporting to you, with strong empathy, written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Eagerness to learn: You are a fast learner, open to feedback, and curious to learn about insurance
- Creative problem solver; You can turn user pain points into winning solutions, connecting the dots to create insights and systemic recommendations
- Analytical mindset: You are curious to understand how things work and comfortable in a technical environment
- Proactive: You have a high degree of autonomy, drive and energy. You get things done and are willing to roll up your sleeves and execute fast
- Fluent English is needed (all meetings and written documentation is in English)
- French is not mandatory, but it is a plus to communicate with users and claim managers.
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing Insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Meal vouchers
- 1 day off/month for interns and up to 5 weeks for apprentice
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- Friendly team and offices in Paris & Berlin
- Possibility to work remotely occasionally
Our recruitment process:
1. First interview/ Introduction call with Jonathan, Product Manager of MoT, and your future manager. (45min)
2. Written assignment and review with Jonathan and Ryma, Product Manager at Luko. (45min)
3. Interview with Fabien, our VP product (30min)
4. Lukofit interview with Alison from the People team (30min)
Who are we?
Luko is the fastest growing Insurance in Europe and France’s #1 Neo Insurance.
Today, Luko's mission seems obvious: to transform insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
Beyond the protection of individuals, insurance must serve society. It should be an ally to the planet and to its environmental issues.
We believe that insurance must be simple, transparent and useful.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience. Luko is not just about insuring, but also about preventing issues. We are building the best AI-powered technologies to avoid accidents in every European home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 300 000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 250 ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry and committed to equal access to employment, inclusion and diversity within the teams.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.