Luko is the fastest growing Insurance in Europe and France’s #1 Neo Insurance.
Today, Luko's mission seems obvious: to transform insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
Beyond the protection of individuals, insurance must serve society. It should be an ally to the planet and to its environmental issues.
We believe that insurance must be simple, transparent and useful.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience. Luko is not just about insuring, but also about preventing issues. We are building the best AI-powered technologies to avoid accidents in every European home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 300,000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 200+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion and diversity within the teams.
Are you ready to join our journey?
At Luko, Lukooms’ forces are divided into 5 tribes, set up in a product-based organisation. Each tribe constitutes several cross-functional squads (product + engineering + design) and executes towards its own roadmap for customer and business impact.
User Acquisition tribe focuses on Luko’s growth via the acquisition of new customers
Moment of Truth tribe aims at delighting our users throughout the whole life of their contract - claims included
New Business tribe focuses on launching new products, services and markets
User Life tribe maximises customer touchpoints by creating engagement opportunities. They are a home care partner guiding customers to the right solution
Core Insurance tribe owns all the products and features in order to support Luko's Insurance activities, from regulation to tech
Your mission in the team:
Luko has a mission to make Europeans home greener and safer, and it has started with insurance. Being part of the Group’s risk carrier, you are leading a wide range of subjects such as reserving, capital modelling or calculating the Solvency II technical provisions.
As our new VP Actuary for Solvency II, you will be leading the actuarial function within Luko Insurance AG, Luko Group’s risk carrier. You will be the face to both our internal stakeholders and the regulator (BaFin) on all actuarial topics affecting Luko Insurance. This role will involve you working closely with the management board, as well as with our finance, underwriting and product teams from all markets where Luko Insurance is operating to proactively manage our risks, identify and pursue new products and help manage our full range of regulatory requirements.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone who is excited by the prospect of doing the impossible and scaling a new digital and data-driven insurance model at extraordinary speed.
Our ideal candidate will have expertise in P&C retail insurance products, reserving, Solvency II framework and exposure to pricing; experience working with varied stakeholders internally and externally, and be able to work collaboratively across multiple markets
- 7+ years reserving experience for P&C private lines of business in European markets (with a particular focus on Home and Private Liability Lines)
- Proven track record of working with, and understanding of, Solvency II framework
- Experience with modelling and/or model validation (exposure to actuarial pricing is a plus)
- Fully Qualified Actuary
- Language: English + German fluent
What you will bring:
- A passion for process automation and an urge to continue to improve a current process
- Familiarity with our core product set (we use Python, Looker and SQL) but also a willingness to step into the new
- Strong communication skills, transparency and collaboration mindset
- Introduction call with Julien (Chief Actuary)
- Hiring manager interview with Julien
- Case study + review, with Julia (Chief Actuary and Data Officer) and Ross (head of risk management)
- Team-fit interview with Nigel (Operations)
- Lukofit (behavioural & culture-fit interview) with Vladimir (People team)
What we offer:
- Be part of the fastest growing insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Nice perks (meal vouchers, unlimited days off, mental health support with Moka.care etc.)
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- Friendly team and offices in Paris, Madrid & Berlin
- Remote friendly (see our No Border Policy)
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.