Luko is the fastest growing Insurance in Europe and France’s #1 Neo Insurance.
Today, Luko's mission seems obvious: to transform insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
Beyond the protection of individuals, insurance must serve society. It should be an ally to the planet and to its environmental issues.
We believe that insurance must be simple, transparent and useful.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience. Luko is not just about insuring, but also about preventing issues. We are building the best AI-powered technologies to avoid accidents in every European home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 200 000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 170+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion and diversity within the teams.
Are you ready to join our journey?
At Luko, Lukooms’ forces are divided into 5 tribes, set up in a product-based organisation. Each tribe constitutes several cross-functional squads (product + engineering + design) and executes towards its own roadmap for customer and business impact.
User Acquisition tribe focuses on Luko’s growth via the acquisition of new customers
Moment of Truth tribe aims at delighting our users throughout the whole life of their contract - claims included
New Business tribe focuses on launching new products, services and markets
User Life tribe maximises customer touchpoints by creating engagement opportunities. They are a home care partner guiding customers to the right solution
Core Insurance tribe owns all the products and features in order to support Luko's Insurance activities, from regulation to tech
The XXX tribe
As part of User Acquisition, you will primarily work on Luko’s growth via the acquisition of new customers and launching new insurance products. Through different channels, this squad is responsible for creating diverse advertising campaigns, building new partnerships and creating our Luko brand that represents us as we are: reliable, caring, committed, accessible and ever-evolving.
As part of New Business, you will be focused on Luko's new launches. Whether that means verifying market needs by launching new insurance products and services or expanding into new countries and scaling internationally.
As part of User Life, you will help our customers solve all home-related needs, including optimising utility consumption, scheduling maintenance support, virtual consultations with home care experts or finding a new home. We are a home care partner who respects the fact our customers would rather spend time on other things. We are focused on personalising the customer experience and guiding customers towards the right solution.
As part of Moment of Truth, you are the point of contact for our customers. Together with the tech team, the Claims team and the Customer Service team, you will be responsible for always providing a simple, transparent and caring service for our customers.
As part of Core Insurance, you are responsible for delivering the best insurance products in the market, using the most efficient technology, data, pricing and underwriting. You will make sure that Luko is using a unique stack and always has a significant competitive advantage in its markets.
Your mission in the team:
Luko has a mission to make Europeans home greener and safer, and it has started with insurance. Being part of the Group’s risk carrier and reporting directly to the Chief Actuary, you are leading a wide range of subjects such as reserving, capital modeling or calculating the Solvency II technical provisions.
The purpose of this job is to be make sure Luko is not only delivering the best insurance products to its customers, but also using the best actuarial framework in order to protect its insured.
Your missions include:
- Contribute to all aspects of the reserving process, including periodic reviews of reserves for multiple lines of business through appropriate application of actuarial loss reserving techniques, and liaising with the claims, finance and underwriting teams as necessary.
- Calculation of the Solvency II technical provisions, including calibration of key model variables and parameters, and assisting the completion of regulatory returns.
- Analysis of reserve and underwriting risk to support the parameterization of key inputs to the internal capital model.
- Develop and refine the capital model framework both from an internal business perspective and a Solvency II perspective. Contribute to embedding key model uses across the business including: Strategic Risk Metrics, reinsurance analysis, evaluating new business lines and investment portfolio strategies.
- Meet and approach members of other teams across the company in a collaborative effort to improve processes. Gain a greater understanding of a wide range of different insurance lines of business.
- Development and production of management information and metrics to enhance ongoing communication with the business.
- Validate the prices created by the business
Who are you?
- You have at least 3 years of experience in Reserving and/or Capital Modeling
- Superior analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex tasks.
- Programming aptitude / experience – Python or SQL
- Strong organizational skills
- Proactive and autonomous
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- You speak english fluently - Speaking german is a big plus!
- Introduction call
- Hiring manager interview
- Case study + review
- Lukofit (Behavioural & Culture-fit interview)
- Reference check & offer
What we offer:
- Be part of the fastest growing insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Nice perks (meal vouchers, unlimited days off, mental health support with Moka.care etc.)
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- Friendly team and offices in Paris and Madrid
- Remote friendly (see our No Border Policy)
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.