Luko is the fastest growing Insurance in Europe and France’s #1 Neo Insurance.
Today, Luko's mission seems obvious: to transform insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
Beyond the protection of individuals, insurance must serve society. It should be an ally to the planet and to its environmental issues.
We believe that insurance must be simple, transparent and useful.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience. Luko is not just about insuring, but also about preventing issues. We are building the best AI-powered technologies to avoid accidents in every European home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 200 000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 160+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion and diversity within the teams.
Are you ready to join our journey?
At Luko, Lukooms’ forces are divided into 5 tribes, set up in a product-based organisation. Each tribe constitutes several cross-functional squads (product + engineering + design) and executes towards its own roadmap for customer and business impact.
User Acquisition tribe focuses on Luko’s growth via the acquisition of new customers
Moment of Truth tribe aims at delighting our users throughout the whole life of their contract - claims included
New Launch tribe focuses on launching new products, services and markets
User Life tribe maximises customer touchpoints by creating engagement opportunities. They are a home care partner guiding customers to the right solution
Core Insurance tribe owns all the products and features in order to support Luko's Insurance activities, from regulation to tech
You will be part of legal team and working closely with Compliance officer and Legal lead France.
Mission of the legal & compliance intern:
- Participation in the everyday management of commercial & insurance law problematics (for French and European entities of the Luko group, internal consultations, drafting contracts, follow-up of disputes, etc.)
- Participation in the implementation of legal & compliance tools
- Assistance in Corporate law (drafting minutes and other corporate documentation, etc.)
- Assistance in cross-disciplinary projects (marketing, e-commerce, data protection etc.)
- Assistance with reviewing and combining the individual records of processing activities (RoPA) into a group-wide RoPA, using a third party platform
- Support in organization of the legal contract management system
- Carry-out legal researches (business, insurance, corporate, tax law, etc.) and monitoring
- Assistance in preparation (and delivery) of legal & compliance trainings materials
Who are you?
- Masters in Business/Economic & commercial Laws, Business School specialised in law or EFB
- You have sense of initiative and autonomous.
- Good knowledge in contract law as well as consumer and insurance law.
- Previous Experience in Insurance, economic and commercial laws
- Language : Fluent in English and in French mandatory, another language would be appreciated.
Nice to have:
- Data Protection knowledge
- 30min call with HR
- Interview with Compliance Officer
- Case study
- Interview with VP Finance
What we offer:
- Be part of the fastest growing insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Nice perks (meal vouchers, mental health support with Moka.care etc.)
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- Friendly team and offices in Paris and Madrid
- Remote friendly (see our No Border Policy)
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive.